Now, first off, you are awesome already, you may just not realize it. You have just been buried under a lifetime of other people’s opinions and typical societal expectations making you think otherwise.
I don’t want to feed you a bunch of cliches because there are enough of them out there. I want to connect with other people who are completely committed to being amazing humans! Let’s face it, the majority of people are boring, complacent, and want to live in a shroud of normalcy. No thanks.
If you’re reading this, I sincerely hope you are not like this, and that you want to be the raddest person possible, and not to be unique or better than anyone else, but simply to have a RIOT of a time while you are alive. Most people squander their time on earth. Don’t!
So are you totally baffled on how to get out of your funk or stagnant existence? Here’s a few simple tips that have helped ME, and maybe they could spark something for you.
1. Create the most awesome character you can think of. Give them all the traits you think are amazing, and not superficial ones. Traits that make them the most kick-ass, bad-ass, wonderful being ever. Someone you’d endlessly want to read stories or watch movies about. That is likely the person you want to be.
2. Now that you’ve figured that out, take the smallest step possible towards it, RIGHT NOW. For instance, I have always wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. I’ve loved riding on the backs of them since I was a young teenager, and the simplest step for me was to look up my local motor vehicle branch, go down and get the study guide. Bam. Free! My next simple step is to read it and make flash cards. The easiest first step is to look up the info and then immerse yourself in it. Don’t make anything more difficult than it has to be.
Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. – Napoleon Hill
3. Dedicate your days to accomplishing everything you want. CREATE YOURSELF. (“You” may have been created by other people!) Arrange your life around your goals! You have the power to do this, not anyone else. Once you realize you are capable of so much more than you thought, your confidence will soar and you will be able to accomplish even more amazing shit, but you will only prove this to yourself by persistent action. It’s difficult, I know. I am crazy hard on myself, but it’s worth the effort.
The more awesome you become (in YOUR opinion) it will just keep spiraling up and and up and up. It doesn’t matter if it takes years – everything worthwhile takes dedication, and desire. If you don’t really want it, you won’t do it. Don’t get to the end of your life and realize you’ve wasted it. Hell, I’m writing in this blog more often now just because I want to freaking write and reach out to other wicked beings. Set specific goals for particular days of the week and STICK to them no matter what (unless there is some emergency circumstance). What can you cut OUT of your life to make room for more of your DEEP desires?
We are so used to immediate gratification that any effort, even small, seems like too much work. Well fuck that – it’s time to…
4. Change your attitude and get creative. Do you admire negative people, self-conscious people, or people who just give up? Or do you look up to people who just deal with the shit of life, do what it takes, and figure out creative ways to get what they want, WITH INTEGRITY? Become someone who you’d look up to.
5. Don’t let anything stop you. Choose adjectives to describe yourself and repeat them to yourself all the time. Lately I keep telling myself I am tenacious. TENACIOUS. My new favourite word. That is definitely how I want to be, and the more I say it, the more I become it. I believe it! And I don’t just SAY it anymore, either, I DO things!
My life didn’t please me, so I created my life. – Coco Chanel
Do you have any tips or resources for becoming more awesome? Please share in the comments or on FB 🙂
How to Be Awesome from Art of Non-Conformity.