To live a passionate existence, I know I must do the following. Feel free to integrate these things into your life – the more you do, the happier and more blissful you will feel.
The goal is to feel like you did as a child – full of wonder, love, excitement for life, and clear, open, ready for new experiences and new knowledge.
1. Eat what you are designed for – carbohydrates, raw, as in fruit. TONS of fruit. This will have a profound effect on your life – just keep the fat in your diet low, the protein low (both below 15%, and even better 10%) – keeping track at the beginning is important, to make sure you get enough calories – they are your friend. Focus on fruit and greens, and you’re off to a good start.
2. Get SUNSHINE. To vilify the sun is SO 90s (and, um…I love the 90s). Your skin needs it – depending on how dark you are, you need around 20-60 mins a day of direct sunlight (more if you are dark-skinned) – this is not to tan or burn – this is for pure vitamin assimilation! Become one with the sun – heliophilia! (best done totally naked, lying in the sand or on the grass – be sneaky!)
3. Take a vitamin B12 supplement – this is the ONLY one I recommend, and make sure it is liquid, and methylcobalamin. If you don’t know anything about B12, do a little research – a deficiency in this can mimic a ton of other issues – and it is NOT purely a vegan/vegetarian problem. Even most animals that people eat have had B12 injections – this is because it’s almost impossible to get it from our pour, eroded soil anymore. Sea veggies and algae do not contain B12 that we can absorb, so when supplementing, make sure you get the right sort (most are not…go figure). Get your blood, or even better, your urine, tested, If you’re really low, get the injections, then keep it up with the liquid.
4. Move your body – and I don’t mean exercise. I mean go play. Exercise is for people who don’t know how to have fun – did you “exercise” as a kid? No wey! You burnt your energy by playing. So go use a hula hoop, bike with your pals, have sex, swim in the ocean, walk your dog (or your neighbour’s), and other other fun sort of movement you like. Dancing is key.
5. Educate yourself – stop listening to the masses. This is probably the most important thing you can do for yourself. Typical information that is filtered through to you via news, media, advertising, DOCTORS, etc – is NOT the right sort! I have been reading about nutrition for over 4 years, DAILY, and feel like I have a good grasp of what works and what does not – and this is because I have sought out people who are not out to grab your money – even when I got into raw foods I noticed this, and a lot of raw food “gurus” are hucksters – they may be good for something (getting your interest in natural foods) but then they will attempt to sell you things after convincing you that the raw diet is deficient. It’s not!! The only thing you could possibly be deficient in (if done CORRECTLY!) is B12 and vitamin D – like EVERYONE else, meat-eater or not.
Also, learning what certain things do to you MENTALLY, as well as physically, will make you regard certain “foods” as what they really are – garbage. You won’t want them anymore.
6. If you feel like doing something harmful to yourself, go have an orgasm instead.
7. Make sure you have human contact – and I don’t mean just hanging out with your friends. I mean TOUCH them – HUG them – if you don’t have any friends, becoming more blissful will change your life – you will be magnetic and make new pals – I PROMISE – it happened to me! And in the meantime, if you have a lack of human touch – go get massages. There was a point in my life where I went 2 years with almost no human contact – it was horrible and I was willing to pay for it. If you can’t afford it, go to a massage school, it’s cheaper.
8. Reevaluate every relationship you have – if anyone gets in the way of you making your life better – remove them from your life – whether it be partners, friends, jobs, or family – nothing is set in stone – you don’t have to love someone just because they are related to you or because you have been with them for 10 years or because you have children – make your life YOURS, make yourself happy and people will automatically come in and go out of your life – the law of attraction will bring you what you focus on, and the bad things will drift away. Most importantly, reevaluate your relationship with yourself.
9. Shift your focus – this gets easier once your body is clear of toxic crap – focus on your physical body first (well, a bit of both – you have to REALLY want to be healthy and happy to stick to a clean way of living like this!) – start to focus on what you want, instead of what you don’t want – like “I want to be lean, healthy, and vibrant!” instead of “Oh god, I’m so fat and gross, why bother.”
10. Realize that anything you are attempting has been done before, and so it can be done again – you are no better or no worse than anyone else – we all have the same abilities, and if for some unfortunate reason someone had something happen to them to render them disabled, there are PLENTY of examples of how they have triumphed as well. So stop using things as excuses, and go forth.
11. Question your thinking. Ask yourself “is it loving?” every time you do something – ANYTHING! Or any time you want to not do something – ask yourself if it is loving. Is it loving to not floss your teeth? (no, it is loving to DO so, and it takes one minute!) Is it loving to eat that huge burger? (no, it is neither loving to the animal, or your own body). This is a simple technique I have made up that works wonders.
Check out Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie to discover the most simple, powerful technique on questioning your thoughts – NOTHING has helped me so much – no other self-help book, blog, anything – than this woman’s books. I reread them if necessary.
12. Drink spring water – failing that, drink ANY water, and lots of it – even if you eat raw food, you need pure water – make sure you are peeing clear! Check out findaspring.com to locate a fresh spring near you – your body will be very happy!!
13. SLEEP ENOUGH! It is best to link up to the rhythms of the sun – but I know how difficult it is to adjust your natural clock – I am a night person and have never enjoyed getting up early – however, I know I need daylight, and so I don’t stay up until 6am anymore (I can’t anyway, since I work!) – but make sure you get enough sleep – try to wake up without your alarm clock. Get a minimum of 8 hours but if you seem to need more, get more. Especially if you are going through a detox, your body is rebuilding – give it time, and rest up! Read in bed :]
Health is EASY.
Here are some books to get you started! I know a lot of these tips are probably ones you have read before, but there is a reason everyone repeats them – they work. Now I am going to listen to my own advice and go to bed.